Originally Posted by Doppelganger
Here are the steps:
1. Let Mario walk. We simply cannot afford to pay him top dollar.
2. Sign Foster to a reasonable contract. Say 6 mill per year for 5 years.
3. Slap the franchise tag on Myers. A center franchise tag is not too bad and it will allow time to work out a longer term deal.
4. While Myers is under franchise tag resign Briesel.
5. With Briesel and Foster signed, work out longer deal for Myers.
All offensive lineman have the same value. This year it will cost $9.4 million to F tag Myers. That's too much for him obviously.