Thread: bah007 Mock
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Why does everyone insist that NT is a huge need when the coaches have said the opposite. The only reason I think we would go NT early is to find a successor for Cody (who is a FA next year) or to find a rotation player so we could move Mitchell to DE, where he's a more natural fit.
I agree with you - Cody has been the Texans most effective & consistent DL over the past two seasons .... Not that the position couldnt be upgraded but .... You cant have an ALL PRO at every position , the cost is just too great.

Earl Mitchell hasnt been bad either , tho not as good as Cody.

Sure, the position could use some depth and if you could find a reasonably priced upgrade , do it ..... But its not a position that you look at and say "We have to have an upgrade or else". The only position you say that about is WR as currently constructed (pre FA).

I think people fail to realize that the Texans had the 3rd ranked run defense in the entire NFL last season with Cody as the anchor .... 96 ypg during the season and only 81 ypg in the playoffs.

Consider that this team picked up the schemes on the fly with no offseason .... we should expect them to get even better in the near future.

That front seven is one of the best in the league (with or without MW).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote