View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Myers: "I want to remain a Texan"

I can't imagine Myers being so highly coveted by the rest of the NFL that we would not be able to match a contract offer given to him. I mean, most pundits/talking heads/fans of other teams think that the Texan running game is worth way more as a whole, than any parts individually. Things I've heard/read:

1. Foster wouldn't be nearly as dynamic in a non-ZBS scheme
2. Myers and Briesel would both get killed if put into schemes that did not make use of their athleticism
3. Duane Brown is great for a ZBS LT but is only above average in any other scheme.

I don't know, I would hate to lose any one of Myers, Foster, Briesel, but at the same time, is it worth paying those guys a significant portion of the cap when it has been proven that those kinds of players can be had in the mid rounds of the draft? The Texans coaching staff certainly know how to install a ZBS scheme now (Remember when we ran that hybrid ZBS and Power scheme when Sherman was the OC? God what a **** show that was).