View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mocking Madness - of just a little try by a german guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Dontari Poe - I certainly hope the combine pushes this guy up high because I want no part of him. Future All Star? I don't see this guy making our DL/OLBs unstoppable. Memphis gave up 491 yards per game this year. Now obviously, he isn't the only guy to blame for that. But Memphis' DL/LBs were definitely far from unstoppable. Good players play on bad teams all the time but where is his impact?? Why does a guy this big, strong, and athletic not stand out against Conference USA competition?
There is no guarantee that Poe will be good in the NFL, but to answer your question: Coaching plays a big role in a players development and play on the field.

You can be big, strong and determined, but if you don't have good coaches putting you in good positions and teaching you the right things to do then it makes it harder on you. We've seen guys get better before with competent coaching.

I don't know if this is the case with Poe, but I think with him coming from Memphis it's entirely possible that a good coaching staff in the NFL could at the very least make him into a good starter.

It's not like he was awful and soft at Memphis...he just didn't show up as much as people would have liked him to.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote