Thread: kipers new mock
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012   #30
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: kipers new mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Barron would be an upgrade over Quin IMO. I wouldn't hate it if we picked him. With the pressure we put on QB's you would think Quin would of picked at least one pass off last year.
Meh, INT's are pretty random. Especially on the backend I think you're looking for tipped passes as much as trying to jump a route. Not everybody has that instinct to jump passes like Ed Reed, that's what makes him special. Besides, Quin was never a high INT guy, pretty sure he got all 3 against Rusty Smith his first year. Quin's coverage was an obvious improvement over Wilson/Pollard though and he brought a pretty good pile of wood to the position as well.

I wouldn't oppose Barron, he's big, he's fast, he's a good tackler and has a nose for playmaking when the ball is in the air. He and Manning would be awesome and Quin could play CB or backup S or nickel/slot cover guy.

People want to say, Wade and Barwin/Reed/Watt improved the pass rush and it did, no doubt....but Confucious knows: Improved coverage::Improved pass rush. The 2ndary is still a few players away, they might be Harris or Carmichael but Barron would be a helluva choice, especially since it seems like there are about 20 no doubter 1st rounders and more than a few guys who will be considered a reach when they get picked at the end of the 1st.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote