Thread: Stephen Hill
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012   #95
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Stephen Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The top 2 WRs from the '09 draft have been Hakeem Nicks and Mike Wallace. Wallace ran a 4.33 forty at the combine, .03 seconds slower than Heyward-Bey. Wallace's stats in college were similar to Heyward-Bey. His speed was similar to Heyward-Bey. Yet, Wallace lasted until the 3rd round to Pittsburgh. Had Davis drafted Wallace in the top 10, rather than Heyward-Bey, draftniks would have screamed "Reach!". And he would have come up with one of the premier deep threats in the league.

Lesson? It doesn't matter if a team drafts off past performance or athletic ability or some combo of the two. What matters is getting the pick right. It's the only thing that counts.
Or..... he would have got Jamarcus Russelled; he would not have had much success, the coaches didn't "seem" to care, the players didn't "seem" to care; Wallace may very well have been out of the league by now.

Heyward-bey may have ended up being the Steelers third round pick & 31 teams would be salivating at the thoughts of picking him up in FA while the Steelers try to find as much money as they can to sign him to a long term deal.

I personally think we've got good coaches here. I think the culture we have in Houston inspires everyone to be all they can be. I would have no problem bringing that kind of talent into this team, because you're not going to get it in the 3rd....