View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL.com Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't think Kubiak would target a short WR for the WR2 position. At the end of the day Kubiak actually favored the taller and more of a project wr in Jones over the released Anderson if you want to really look at what happened.
Do you think that had anything to do with Jacoby just being the more gifted player and Anderson not being all that?

Quote:
I can see Kubiak playing a shorter wr, but only in multiple wr packages...if he doesn't have anyone better on the roster. Kubiak wants big targets...that's why we run so many multiple TE packages with Andre as the lone wr. Blocking is important in this stretch p/a scheme. I think Lucky has it right here.
So do you think that if Steve Smith was available for cheap, Kubiak would rather play Jacoby or KW over him because they are bigger?

I already noted above that I agree that bigger WR's are more favorable in this offense, but talent trumps height at the end of the day.

My point about David Anderson was that even though he was small and not talented he still found plenty of playing time considering where he was drafted. I'm pretty sure that if Kubiak thought that a shorter wr was more talented than a bigger guy he'd play the smaller WR.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote