View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012   #27
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Dream Mock thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm a strength coach too (not nearly for 16 years though) and I agree with everything you said right there. And honestly, there aren't too many CSCS guys who will disagree. I can't think of one that I know off the top of my head actually.

The 225 test is pretty. It gives you a number to look at. Everybody loves to watch bench press. There is a very low risk of injury. But it has absolutely zip to do with testing strength or power.
Yep. Im pretty sure NFL coaches take things like long arms into account when comparing athletes. It just seems to me there are better options available. Talking about testing strength and power, I seem to remember study stating that the VJ and Broad jump were the best predictor of on field success, and what do they test - power output.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote