Thread: Stephen Hill
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012   #80
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105274 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stephen Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I will not be tired of you talking about him. What I also like about him is that he is the son of former Jets WR Al Toon, a very good WR in his day. Not that I think blood lines will equal to a great WR but typically the kids whose father played pro ball before tend to know how to be a professional and you don't have to worry about behavior issues.

Secondly, we have yet to be disappointed from any of our draft picks from Wisconsin. Even Garrett Graham, in his limited duty has shown flashes and I think will be a contributor this year. When Watt was drafted there was an interview with the head coach and he was asked why has Wisconsin put out some good pros. His response was "because we play football over here. We play it the wya it is supposed to be played. Not with all these zone read offenses and flashy defenses."

I think Toon is going to give you a very solid, productive receiver. Is he able to take teams off AJ, I don't know. Is he a first rounder, I don't know. But he hasn't shown anything to make you say no either.
yeah, i just don't understand how teams continue to let the 40 time ruin the whole draft scouting process. The league & its history are riddled with guys that don't have what you would call elite speed. but those same guys show a knack for being able to get open. Jerry Rice, Micheal Irvin, Rod Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker & the 2 guys i most associate this kid to..Anquan Boldin & Marques Colston.

I really hope we're seriously targeting this kid somewhere in the 1st or 2nd. My only fear is that SF, Tenn, Jax, TB or worse ......NE / NO snatch him up before us.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote