View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kuharsky: What I'd do if I ran the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
QB - Let Leinart go. Draft a QB to replace him if you want. I trust Yates as QB #2.

HB - Pay Foster.

WR - Cut Jacoby. Draft a replacement. See if Walter will restructure his contract.

OL - Pay Myers. Pay Brisiel if we can. If we can't then expect to draft OG pretty high. I loved Caldwell when we drafted him but he has shown me nothing.

OLB - I would love to keep Mario. Offer him somthing we can afford. If he says no that is fine. He is deserving of the pay day that somebody else will offer him. I like what we have coming back here. Draft OLB depth.

ILB - Ryans' deal was a reward. Asking him to restructure would send a negative message. I think we just need to grit our teeth while he plays out this deal.
good post. My understanding is Leinert's & JJ's cap for 2012 is apprx $7m which should get us Foster & a back ended deal.

Mario will sign with enough wiggle room to sign both Myers and Briesel imo. Contracts other than Cody and Ryans could be enough to re-sign Dreesen (unless he gets a starter option elsewhere). I am predicting new NFl cap of at least $124 million. We still can borrow money from a future cap per new CBA. We did not use this tool in 2011 & not sure if that $3m can be rolled over; probably not. Still $4m + $1.5m (my figure though some have stated $3m can be borrowed this season)= 4.5 million which could go towards draft.