View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Dream Mock thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
It's suppose to show if a college player is dedicated to staying in good condition (strength) or if he was not so dedicated in the weight room. True, it doesn't show how good a football player he is, but it speaks more to his discipline as a player. As an example, no one can question Cushing's discipline because of his dedication in the weight room and his intense workouts. They knew he could play football by watching his tapes. The bench press is just another tool to find out what kind of person you're drafting.
I know a lot of people buy into that but I don't. Now, if we're talking about a guy that does significantly less reps than the other players at his position then I agree we have a problem. But moving guys down your board because they did 5 or so less reps than someone else? That's crazy.

Once you start getting to 15+ reps you are not even testing muscular strength anymore anyway, you are testing muscular endurance.

Football is a fast twitch sport, and benching for reps recruits your slow twitch muscle fibers. So I would say it has very little to do with anything, unless like I mentioned, if a guy is significantly behind his peers.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote