View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Dream Mock thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Not really,

Because of his work ethic.

But it did suprise me.

But the injury history bothers me more.
I agree. I put zero stock in bench press reps unless we're talking about a guy who can't hardly throw it up at all.

There are guys who throw up 35 reps but can't block a soul. And then you have guys who throw up 20 and end up as All Pros.

The only thing X number of reps on 225 tells me is how many times a guy can bench 225. It tells me nothing about his ability to play football.

I understand that people want to see a test for strength at the combine but repping out on bench press isn't a test of functional football strength.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote