View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Late Morning Mock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Yeah, i love picks 2 and 5 but can't say i'd be thrilled with kendall wright as our #1. I'm just not sold on the kid. It's not even about his 40 time with me to be honest; i had reservations about him before the combine.

After sitting & watching Briles' offense for years at UH & now Sumlin's the thing that sticks out to me about all spread offenses is that all of their WR's look great.....in that type of offense. most of them don't see very much press coverage (which they struggle with in the NFL) & they get free releases...the same is true for Wright. i don't think he could be a #1 go to guy in the future & imo WR's that are picked in the 1st have to be guys that can be future #1 WR's. The only time i make an exception for spread offense WR's is if they are big fast guys........Dez Bryant-esque. Wright's smallish & now this thing about his 40 time..i don't think he's worth the risk....even at 26 imo.

What do you think of the new one in post #9?

I really like Kendall Wright, but he does have some refining to do to his game...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote