View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012   #100
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agreed

This team is built on 3 drafts. IMHO

The rest of the drafts have either been meh or like the 2007 draft bad.

Rick wasn't hear for the 2006 draft so he's batting .500. However to give credit where credit is due Rick hit a homerun on the 2009 draft. Wade helped him on the 2011 draft. (Another homerun)

The measure of Rick as a GM will come over the next 2 yrs with all of the contracts needing to be reupped. If he does a great job there (signing the right guys and letting the right guys go) the Texans should be a great team for yrs to come.

BTW, I used to be on the fire Gary bandwagon. I still dont think he's a great gameday coach. But his work with Yates and the fact that the Texans will be needing another QB soon has me on the lets give Gary a 2 yr extention bandwagon.
Nooooo!

You can't DO this!!!
Who will I debate with?!?!