View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012   #98
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

[rant]

I get tired of having to preface everything on a message board dedicated to kicking around opinions on all things football.

I expect people to know that I am giving an opinion even if I don't put things like "I am thinking..." or "In my opinion..." or whatever the slow people need in order to FULLY understand that I am being opinionated and expect others to be equally as creative or thoughtful in their analysis. But a person has to do it, or the Speculation Squad will come knocking on the door with a snarky reply to put someone in their "rightful" place.

Until we have a fully published book on how Bob and Gary and Rick TRULY operate, we'll have snippets of quotes and there'll still be a lot left to be discussed and commented upon with OPINIONS by us around here.

A lot of times, the always fun and very awkward reply of "You're just speculating" is the grown-up version of sticking fingers in your ears and acting like you can't hear the person.

I wonder which will come first: World peace or a message board where everyone understands that speculating is normal and perfectly fine?

This is the virtual version of the barber shop: The place where guys act like they know everything and could make the world run better if just given a chance to implement our awesome plans and ideas. Am I right? If so, then why don't we just be about the business of being guys and have fun with it.

[/rant]