View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012   #97
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Post 87?

That's Wolfs post

I get that you dont like my views. Until last yr the Texans lead by Gary/Rick were a floundering franchise. Now everythings great.

What changed? Did Rick suddenly become great at his job? That's all i'm asking. That and I dont like Rick blowing the BPA crap up my rear.
Because I question Ricks BPA statement,all of the sudden I'm in LA-LA land.
I don't think anything changed. I think Rick Smith has been an excellent GM for the past 3 years, at least. This year we won and that makes him look better. I'll say again: what Smith did in the 2009 off-season is going to be remembered for 20 years or more around here. It will go down as one of the best off-season's in NFL history if this team is about to go on the run that I think it is.

As far as his BPA statements: yeah, he's blowing smoke. That's what most of them do, though. What I'll say, though, is they have done a good job not reaching for players. They positioned themselves well and identified their guys each of the past 4 years with the possible exception of 2010. That's a pretty good rate of success. Arguably, the Texans have drafted 3 all-pro players in the first round the past four years. I wouldn't argue to much about the method that achieved those results.