Thread: Stephen Hill
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012   #49
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stephen Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Ironic that most of the guys here have been bashing Jacoby Jones for years and they want to take a similar project with our 1st round pick. Hill was a mid round prospect before the combine (and that's taking potential into account beforehand). Anyone who was familiar with him before this weekend knew he was going to run fast.

We don't need another project WR right now. Grab a solid guy in the 1st or 2nd because that's what we need. We don't need 2 Jacoby Jones' running around out there.

If WR is as big a need as many on this board say it is, then why would you waste your top pick on a project player who will not contribute early in his career.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
This, this, this.

As a Georgia Tech fan I have seen a bunch of Hill. He has no problem getting downfield and has the size you'd love. But, he simply cannot catch the ball.

He's the quintessential workout warrior who will be overdrafted because of his combine numbers and will bust in the NFL.

I would not touch him with a 10-foot pole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Why is that? They are/were both projects. That was the comparison.

We don't need to waste another 1st round pick on a project player at a position of need (Okoye). If WR is truly a need then pass on the 'sexier' prospect and take the solid guy who can contribute to the team. Guys like Floyd, Sanu, McNutt, etc. can contribute now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I've seen more of him than anyone here, and way more than the 4 Evan Silva watched. Granted, I don't get paid to evaluate NFL talent, but I can tell you as a fan of the team that Hill has played on, he has broken my heart with blatant drops in the wide open field more times than I can count.
Thank you x 10! People get so caught up with combine numbers and don't look at the body of work a receiver puts together. BeerLover, we share the same love (of beer obviously) but not for Stephen Hill. I'd probably cry into my beer if we drafted him. If we got him in the 7th I'd still be sad.