View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012   #87
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 121813 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

from last year
Quote:
Now it's up to general manager Rick Smith and coach Gary Kubiak to use the draft to improve the team, particularly its defense, on April 28-30.

"It doesn't get any better than this," Smith said of preparing for the draft. "(The draft is) the most impact I can make on our team short term and long term."

Smith and his staff of scouts have been working for months on their draft board. The coaches also are involved in an evaluation process that's heading down the homestretch.

"We want to make sure we get everyone evaluated the right way," said Smith, who's overseeing his fifth draft with the Texans. "We've had the scouts in the office tweaking our board, then we met with our coaches.

"I want to know how the scouts and coaches have the players stacked. That way, when it comes time to make the decision, I'll be clear about how each scout and coach feels about the individual players."
http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...ny-1684987.php
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote