View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012   #10
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Late Morning Mock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Gonna just piggy back off my old thread...

1) Dontari Poe -- I had mocked him to us before, but that was way back when he was considered a mid round prospect. The guy has shot up the boards since then. He is exploxive, strong and massive. He has Ngata type potential. He would immediately challenge mitchell and Cody for playing time. He would also make an immediate impact on this defense. With the high motor, high energy guys we have hopefully it would rub off and we could have a true beast on our hands.

2) Tommy Streeter--Big, blazing fast and has tons of potential. This is an overview of him I found:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...tommy-streeter

This is the perfect receiver to add to our offense. I have been stuck on Kendall Wright, but Streeter is my new crush. Enough speed to blow the roof off of defenses, but is very adept to playing in the slot. Big body, should be able to block well. He is the perfect #3 receiver for us IMHO.

3) Janzen Jackson-- This is another new face in my mocks. I am really liking this kids ability, but he does have some character concerns. I think that he will be a good character guy though and I think this is a good city and a good team for him to really concentrate on football. I think that he would be awesome coming in for certain packages. He is a big hitter and he is really good in coverage. Fluid enough to play corner but he definitely has the physiclity of a safety.

4) Chris Rainey -- Another infusion of speed into the offense and....Wala, we found our return man. Rainey is a do it all guy. Can play in the slot, is a really good running back and like I previously mentioned he a dynamic return man. He has world class speed, but he is definitely a football player and not just a track guy.

5) Ryan Miller -- OG from Colorado. Tall guy at 6'8", but plays with excellent leverage. He can probably play some tackle if needed to, but will probably have to adjust to the speed rushers in the NFL. Would be an excellent addition as a late round guard though.

6) Asa Jackson -- Yes, I'm taking a corner. Asa has return skills, is tough, fast, and has ball skills. Would be a good 6th round pick. I think Asa would challenge to make the roster right away, but if not hopefully he'd last on the practice squad...or Gary may pull one of his "IR" tricks.

7) Grant Garner -- Center from Oklahoma state. Perfect guy for what we want our linemen to do. He is 6'2", 292 lbs. Very consistent player that uses physicality and toughness to make his blocks.
Gonna be honest, not a fan. Lots of 'potential' picks here, especially early.

Poe did nothing outstanding in college, he was only rated high because he's a NT. The only thing similar to Ngata is his size, after that they are totally different. Ngata dominated in a BCS conference and Poe was above average in C-USA. Now he'll be pegged as a 1st round talent because of his combine workout.

Streeter is extremely raw. If we're looking for a guy to contribute quickly, then he's a bad pick.

Jackson carries a huge red flag character-wise. He has skills, but he's one of those guys with ability that I'd pass on because of his off the field stuff.

Rainey is a utility guy and could be useful on offense and in the return game. I'm not his biggest fan but he's a huge upgrade over Holliday.

Miller is another 'potential' pick, but this late in the draft that's totally fine. Guy has the size and the measureables, but something is missing. He got exposed at the Senior Bowl and did not have a good senior year.

Not familiar with Jackson.

Garner is a decent prospect and has experience in the ZBS. Can't hate on the pickup.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote