View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004   #17
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think everyone is putting the cart before the horse with the whole Babin thing. For those of you who think he's slow or not quick enough, keep in mind it's a scrimmage, and although you get a better look at a player than at practice, it's still far from an actual game situation. He's still learning the systerm, and he'll naturally have growing pains like any rookie. As for those of you who think he's the savior of the pass rush, its again too soon to tell. Veterans that he beat on the pass rush may not be giving it their all if they're assured a roster spot, and 3rd stringers aren't likely to be anymore experienced than Babin. Add to it that they likely aren't talented enough to make the active roster, and he'll be subject to much more talented players when the regular season begins. I understand that everyone is excited to see how it plays out, but its simply too early to tell much of anything about a rookie. We haven't even played a preseason game yet, and people are already questioning roster spots. Have faith in the coach staff, and understand that they'll act according to the best interest of the team. Babin is 'penciled' in as a starter, and there is a reason its not in ink. If he needs more time then I'm sure Dom will put Peek in until he feels Babin is ready. All that being said I definately feel that having too much depth is never a problem, and with two young & talented LBs we have much to be thankful for as fans. BTW Something like thirty four thousand fans showed up for the scrimmage, and I heard on SportsCenter that 14 thousand showed up for the Rams/Bears scrimmage. I think Houston has the best and most devoted fans in the league.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote