Thread: Stephen Hill
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Stephen Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
from the combine web site.

WEAKNESSES Hill's value is based purely off his ability as a deep threat. He has average quickness and moves off the line of scrimmage to avoid a jam. He ran a very basic route tree at Georgia Tech that didn't allow him to showcase many skills. Outside of catching jump balls, he struggles to read coverages and understand how to find holes in a zone. Hill looks uncomfortable with the ball in his hands and resembles a lengthy track star on the field instead of a football player. He dropped as many big balls as he made big plays; his YPC stat defines him perfectly as a player who is capable of making flash plays but isn't reliable.

The forty time is impressive but the body of work in college is not. There is major risk in taking this type player. has alot of the same qualities that JJ had coming out. Is a high risk, high reward type that would not touch until the 3rd round.
I'm thinking the same thing.

But.. he's what, 6-4 & ran a 4.3...... that's insane. That's Randy Moss.

However, I don't know if we have the tools behind center to take advantage.

There aren't many highlights of him on YouTube, but what I saw, I didn't see anyone try to jam him on the line. The gave him space & he was still able to get to any spot on the field he wanted....