View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012   #53
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't believe this "shopping list" thing. I doubt Wade Phillips knew who JjWatt, Brooks Reed, or Brandon Harris were. The man has a full time job, he can't actively scout a thousand NCAA teams. Wade describes a player, Rick Smith & his Scouts put together the big board. Wade helps them rate the positions & the importance to his scheme.

I seriously doubt Wade said, "I want Aldon Smith, JjWatt, or Brooks Reed."
From Profootballtalk, 5/23/11:

Quote:
Kubiak said that previous coordinators cut their list of potential defensive draft picks to roughly 50-60 prospects. Phillips got the list to 15-20, and the Texans drafted five of them.

“It was locked in before we went to draft day,” Kubiak said. “He knew exactly what he wanted.”
Still doubting?