Thread: Draft or Bust
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012   #49
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft or Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Does this count...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...r-texans-at-26

As much as you're sick of hearing about the Texans taking a wide receiver in the first round... it doesn't change the fact that will be what they most likely will do.. It's the biggest need on this team and even if they don't spend a first round pick on a WR... you can be assured that their 2nd round pick will be spent on a WR. This is a very good WR draft and they're going to get one early.

As far as BPA goes... No G.M. really takes the BPA approach.. all G.M.s draft for team needs. I wish they'd just come out and say "they draft the BPA at their positions of need". So like Arlington said above... this isn't a Rick Smith or Gary issue, it's what every G.M. does and that's the reason why J.J. Watt is on this team. They had Aldon Smith rated higher, but when he was gone they took the next best available front 7 player. It really wasn't about getting just a OLBer, but a player who could dominate in the front 7. They then took the next best available OLBer with their 2nd round pick which rounded out their front 7 needs.
This one of those homerun situations Smith was talking about. It wouldn't really be a stretch at all to take Randle at 26 and it would fill a big need. He could be BPA at his position and high on Smithiaks draft board. BTW, I'm not sick of the WR thing. I wouldn't get my feelings hurt if the Texans drafted an OLB at 26, either.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote