View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
And as far as KJ, he's close to being a bust, but what cb would you have rather them have picked if not him when you consider the variables surrounding the upcoming season...Devin McCourty..... he was burnt toast for the patriots this year. Knowing how the patriots do business, i expect this dude to be released in TC next year...Kyle Wilson....burnt toast for the jets this year Victor Cruz ate him for lunch repeatedly. Further, Rex Ryan apparently didn't think enough of this dude to let Cromartie walk this year in FA.

Its all good to look at things in hindsight, but the reality of all of this is that noone knows how any of these guys are going to turn out until they take the field.
I agree to a point. They had Kj rated that high (obviously) & we had a need for corner back. But, did they have Kj rated higher than Demarius Thomas, or Dez Bryant?

Remember, this is the same offseason we gave Jj a $10M contract. If nothing else changed, we would have started with Glover Quin on one side, & McCain, Molden, and/or McMannis at corner..... then pick up Jason Allen midway through the season; how much worse could it have been?

& we'd have a #2 WR.

I like Kj, but realistically speaking (& with the clarity of hindsight) I'd be just as fine with Jason Allen taking all those snaps & Dez Bryant under Aj's wing.

Again, I have no idea how the Texans rated Kj vs those players... & Kj may turn out to be a starter yet..... but to help steelb with his point....