View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012   #47
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
You're right it is speculation. This is what MB's are made for.

History should tell you BoB turned to Wade to rebuild the defense thru the draft and FA.

The question should be is there a correlation between BoB spending the $$$$ in FA to build the defense and putting a winning product on the field and will BoB be willing to spend the $$$$ in FA again?

I know this is just speculation but the MW situation will be a sign. If he lets MW walk and doesn't spend the $$$$ in FA you will know BoB has reverted to his old ways. Either that or just re-sign MW. Which I am on the fence with. Pending speculation on MW's contract demands.
Are you really still trying to say McNair is cheap? The Texans have been one of the higher spending franchises for several years. Just because the team doesn't go all willy-nilly Dan Snyder every offseason doesn't indicate that the owner is cheap. It indicates that a: they thought a player was asking for too much for his talent level and/or b: the player didn't really want to come to a bad team. Teams can't just go throwing money around since the advent of the cap. The cap can be manipulated, but to a finite degree. Look at the teams with the most money to spend. Most of them are cellar dwellers. BTW, don't you find it a bit odd that the Texans have rework contracts just to look at signing their own FA's and draft picks, yet posters like you always complain about McNair being cheap? Go to McDonalds and get a Happy Meal, man.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote