View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agreed

The BPA quote from Smith was wrong. He should've said we take BPA at position of need. That would've been an accurate statement. Smith should've known CB's as well as Gibbs. He played CB in college.
That's kinda what he did say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Smith View Post
(on not drafting for need but making his first five draft picks defensive players last year) ďYeah, but again, when you hit the homerun, and I guess I would consider J.J. (Watt) to be a homerun, where you hit the homerun is as you stack your board and assess value. If you can pick a player at the corresponding spot that is a position of need, thatís a homerun. So you donít go into the Draft saying ĎIíve got to get this. Iíve got to get that,í because, in my opinion, if you do that, you are inclined to reach and take a player that doesnít meet the value. Itís not that you donít select players in positions that you need. The key is that they have the corresponding value at the point where you are picking and if you do that, and you can hit a player at a position of need at the value spot, then you are good.Ē

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...e-c6ad081ec479