View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012   #39
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Batting .600 is excellent in any league. Unless you can name a GM that bats 1.000 you're talking out of your hat. Please... show me a GM that has hit on EVERY 1st round pick he ever selected. Or just show me one that's hit on better than 3 out of 5 of his first round picks over a five year period.
This is where we disagree, I can point out 1st rd teams that have done better. I look at drafts as a whole though. 75/80% should be a GM who's doing an above avg jobs hit rate on 1st rd picks.

Packers,49ers (Hiring Harbaugh) Giants, Lions (Mayhew) Ravens, Pats,Bengals off the top of my head.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote