View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

I know this is just speculation but the MW situation will be a sign. If he lets MW walk and doesn't spend the $$$$ in FA you will know BoB has reverted to his old ways. Either that or just re-sign MW. Which I am on the fence with. Pending speculation on MW's contract demands.
We've been pretty active in FA since 2002 & spending the money has never been an issue. Look at all of Casserly's signings, we over paid for marginal talent. He did the same with Weaver in 2006.

Smith has been a lot better with his FA signings, with guys like Antonio Smith, Wade Smith, Joel Dressen, etc.. (Casserly did get us Walters)..... & those guys (Smith & Smith) got some serious money.

He doesn't have a good history of bringing in star FA, & the Texans have not wanted to overpay FAs just to get them to come here. I'm fine with that & I'm fine if we elect not to over-pay Mario Williams.

Bob is not cheap. Bob has never been cheap. Look at the quality of players we have on the roster now, & we spent $119M last year... Who was getting paid? Jjo (worth it) Andre (worth it) Mario (Lent)... who else was getting mad jack that was worth it?