View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012   #33
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
steelb,

You know as well as everyone else that there's got to be some discretion employed here (read HC GM speak). All teams publicly state they're going to draft BPA when in fact what they really mean is BPA (in their opinion) at our position of NEED. No ism involved here but the proof is in the puddin'. The roster says they've done a pretty good job.

They won the AFC South. By default I guess. No #18, soft schedule, yada, yada.

Had they went on to win the SB there would still be those here that could & would find fault whether it be imagined or made up.

I *thought* I read one, perhaps two positive statements you made about the team this past season, but then, maybe not.
I've made many positive statements.

Gary bringing along Yates was genius

Wade building a championship quality defense. Getting his guys to buy in.

Gary improving his gameday use of timeouts/challenges. etc....

But I get offended when Rick steps up to the podium and says the Texans always select the BPA. That's a lie. Rick is blowing smoke up his fabase a**l.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote