View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Or, maybe there is no difference between the 2010 & 2011 draft.

Kj ---------Watt
Tate--------Reed
Mitchell----Harris
Sharpton--Carmichael

For this argument, let's say they got the Kj pick wrong (I'm not ready to say that) I still think they hit very well on the other three.

You're going to miss every now & then on first round picks.

Okoye----------- Miss
Brown----------- Hit
Cushing--------- Hit
Kj----------------Miss
Watt------------- Hit

I think he's doing more good than not, especially if Kj lives up to his spot in his 3rd year.
I'm not so sure Okoye was a complete "miss". Back in 2007 we still needed to give Mario some D-line help. Think about it - we were still hoping for Travis Johnson to come into his own and trying to get some mileage out of Jeff Zgonina for goodness sakes!. Okoye was one of the best DT prospects in that draft. The next DT taken was Harrell (GB) and he's not really done as well as Okoye did his first couple of years - I think he's out of the league. I took a look at all the other DTs drafted after Okoye and none of them are noteworthy.

This draft we can go more to a pure BPA approach because we don't really have any gaping holes to address. Anyone we draft - no matter the round - will have a tough time cracking the starting lineup.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote