View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004   #12
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I don't think anyone should criticize either team in this trade ... The Titans had their back to the wall with the salary cap and had to bring in some rookies for depth ... It's a case of 2 different teams with different needs and the trade could look like the classic win/win in 2-3 years after the dust settles.
I agree. The Titans are in salary cap hell and lose players every year. They had to get picks and they gave up a good talent in McCairns and a number one pick to get them ... good job Titans, I hope it works because we want to see the best games each week and to have the best division everyone is talking about. (There is no point in beating up hopeless teams (like the C'boys did over the Giants and Redskins) only to think you're a competitive team and then lose in the first rould of the playoffs.

The Texans had extra picks in the first two years and wanted quality over quantity. I was thrilled to end up with two #1 picks WITHOUT LOSING FUTURE FIRST DAY PICKS. Good job. I hope the selections work out.

CC, congratulations on a 'Dare to be Great move.'
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote