Thread: TK mock 2/24/12
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TK mock 2/24/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
For some reason I don't see Brian Quick getting out of the second. His draft stock will improve after the combine. .
That's how I feel about it too...I think he may get overrated and end up in the 2nd, I think a 3rd would be a great value for him but I doubt he gets all the way down to the Texans' 3rd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Darryl Shaprton clone. mid rounds. FSU always produces quality LB's.
I never did see much of Sharpton, was a total surprise pick to me. Bradham looks entirely more athletic though but equally willing to put his body on the line. Any upside as an OLB/rusher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
See Quick as early third but if there is a run on position then second is a distinct possiblity. McNutt is a complete WR with good size, think of a more fluid athletic Kevin Walter. Streeter is interesting, but then so was Jacoby.
Exactly how I feel about both WR. I think McNutt is a perfect possession type prospect and since the Texans' game is ball control and trying to get 2nd and 3's...I feel McNutt is a good pick but another guy who probably won't fall all the way to the Texans' 3rd. Then you've got Lestar Jean in the waiting which might make this pick redundant...

Streeter does have that JJ "potential" to him but his athleticism is even a cut above JJ's. At 6'5'' if he can run in the 4.4's I think he's ANOTHER guy who gets overrated in this deep WR class. However, I feel if he can connect with AJ and be the guy to develop (like JJ couldn't)...he's got the potential to be Randy Moss v.2. He can get behind a defense in a blink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I don't mind us drafting Streeter in 3rd. However, my only concern is if he puts up some great 40 time, his stock may rise fast. I hope his available for us in the 3rd. I really want us to go after WR in the 1st and 3rd rd if suitable WR is available for us.
Yeah I actually kind of have a problem with my own mock, taking two WR back to back...I'm getting the guys I wanted but especially in the 2nd and 3rd I pass up on so many other good players at good positions. And especially if there is a run of WR (there is bound to be one) that means some other player is falling.

Any opinions of K. Randall? Any diehard longhorn fans? Bueller? I think that guy is a stud in the making, watch games of him...he's extremely long but gets low and never goes backward. Never. Like I said, I don't think he's got the potential to be a swing DE/DT like say Fletcher Cox but as a backup to Cody he'd be eating up blocks like a hungry hungry hippo.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote