View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Scouting Combine begins today -- schedule

WR Notes from Nick Scurfield:

Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor (5-10, 188)
Wright was asked about competing against taller receivers for a draft spot. I have attributes besides height that make up for it, he said. I can jump really high, I can run really fast, I can accelerate. I can do a lot of things. Wright said he sees himself as similar to DeSean Jackson and Steve Smith, smaller receivers who play fearless and explosive at all times.

Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame (6-2, 220)
Floyd listed Andre Johnson along with Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson as big receivers that he really likes. He was asked about his off-field incidents, which include a DUI in March and two prior alcohol-related offenses in college. Just immaturity, Floyd said. You know, people all the time have mistakes like this. Unfortunately, it happened to me on a big stage going across the nation. Its about moving forward. Its about making sure you dont make the same mistake again and just keeping a positive head and staying on the positive side of things. Floyd said he went to alcohol classes at Notre Dame and started going out less after his incidents.

Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech (6-4, 215)
The big-bodied receiver anticipates running a blistering 40 time. Ive been clocked in the low 4s, 4.4s, he said. Im thinking about running a 4.3 but, you know, whatever happens on Sunday happens. Hill said he had a 40-inch vertical as recently as two weeks ago.

Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina (6-3, 216)
Jeffery weighed in much lighter than the 230 pounds he played at in his final college esason. He said he lost the weight by just working hard, just eating right. I just feel like Im in shape and feel better, like a lot lighter. Jeffery said he hopes to run a 4.4 or 4.5 40 and that he thinks he has the best hands in the draft.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote