View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012   #4
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteblue View Post
(on not drafting for need but making his first five draft picks defensive players last year) ďYeah, but again, when you hit the homerun, and I guess I would consider J.J. (Watt) to be a homerun, where you hit the homerun is as you stack your board and assess value. If you can pick a player at the corresponding spot that is a position of need, thatís a homerun. So you donít go into the Draft saying ĎIíve got to get this. Iíve got to get that,í because, in my opinion, if you do that, you are inclined to reach and take a player that doesnít meet the value. Itís not that you donít select players in positions that you need. The key is that they have the corresponding value at the point where you are picking and if you do that, and you can hit a player at a position of need at the value spot, then you are good.Ē

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...e-c6ad081ec479
Like I have said a 10000000000 times!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote