View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Down w/out Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Valid points. Don't have the analysis in front of me, but when doing this I paid close attention to pass rushing efficiency of last years class, led by Aldon Smith & Von Miller (Brooks Reed mentioned as well) then using those projections compared to rookies year actual production statistics. According to numbers they tracked very accurately, the best most prolific pass rushers continued @ the next level. This year Massaquoi is in that elite class, at least projection wise. In talent evaluation for Texans they lack one thing in pass rushing department (including w/Mario) that's off the edge speed. Jonathan Massaquoi is an above average speed rushing prospect, bigger with more upside than say last years Dontay Moch who went top of the 3rd. It's very possible if Jonathan returned for his senior year @ Troy would be an almost lock to be a 2013 first round pick (less risk of injury which is why a lot of the talented underclassman decide to come out early). With quality starting OLB's Barwin & Reed only Bryan Baman behind them addressing depth with starter potential @ key 3-4 defensive position essential. It may seem like a luxury pick, but in reality the Texans would just be re-tooling.
Massaquoi is a sleeper pick of mine. Is he the Browns WR brother?

Barwin does a pretty good job as an edge rusher using speed in addition to power. I bet Barwin ends up with better splits/40 time at the combine than Massaquoi ends up with. 3rd rd seems about right for Massaquoi. IMHO
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote