View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alcoholism, bankruptcy and the unhappy story of Leigh Steinberg, former NFL agent

Wow.

Well, Sheen is part of the Hollywood star worship culture. Any news is good news, just keep my name in the news -- the reality television "star's" creed. He's a train wreck people like watching.

Steinberg created a whole new type of super agent. He required every client to give a big chunk of their contract to charity or he would not represent you. While his clients got paid, he didn't destroy franchises. And he had a hand in creating a lot of entertainment content and converging sports & the entertainment industry.

But his addiction was with him the whole him, step for step. And it took him and his amazing success all the way down to bankrupt nothingness. Now he's trying again, trying to get back on his feet without the booze.

I find his story compelling because it mirrors what most every man will endure in his lifetime. None of us get out of this deal unharmed, un-diseased, un-fallen, untouched by tragedy. Life trips up everyone at some point. And the true measure of a man is not how he handled the successes, but much more how he handled failure and hardship. I wish Steinberg well in his new life.

Sheen is just a voluntary fool -- a monkey dancing to the hurdy-gurdy for coins. I do think he's mentally ill. But he has shown no interest in addressing his problems, only furthering his clowning career. I have zero interest in that.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote