View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Down w/out Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmaZV...eature=related

Lacks pass rush repetoire but first step/quickness puts him in position to get selected. Gets blocked too easily for me, especially against the run. I wouldn't be upset with the pick, just think there is too much "potential" and not enough meat on the bones, like an OLB version of Jacoby Jones. A lot of developing to do. I think he may be overrated as a 2nd round pick but his athleticism would still hold value in the 3rd.
Valid points. Don't have the analysis in front of me, but when doing this I paid close attention to pass rushing efficiency of last years class, led by Aldon Smith & Von Miller (Brooks Reed mentioned as well) then using those projections compared to rookies year actual production statistics. According to numbers they tracked very accurately, the best most prolific pass rushers continued @ the next level. This year Massaquoi is in that elite class, at least projection wise. In talent evaluation for Texans they lack one thing in pass rushing department (including w/Mario) that's off the edge speed. Jonathan Massaquoi is an above average speed rushing prospect, bigger with more upside than say last years Dontay Moch who went top of the 3rd. It's very possible if Jonathan returned for his senior year @ Troy would be an almost lock to be a 2013 first round pick (less risk of injury which is why a lot of the talented underclassman decide to come out early). With quality starting OLB's Barwin & Reed only Bryan Baman behind them addressing depth with starter potential @ key 3-4 defensive position essential. It may seem like a luxury pick, but in reality the Texans would just be re-tooling.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote