View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Down w/out Mario

In principle Texans target known WR need late first despite (projected loss of Mario Williams) which would be huge, hence there has to be some fascination with replacing him early. By trading down just a few picks they could still land their guy, while moving up in 2nd to get one of the premier pass rushing OLB's. I went with Massaquoi because he reminds me a little of Aldon Smith who Wade really liked last year but was taken by the San Francisco 49'ers 7th overall, all he did was led all rookies in sacks with 14. I'm not saying Massaquoi is Smith, he is undersized but has the frame to add strength along with raw speed to develop behind Brooks & Barwin making himself a premier outside pass rushing monster in Wade Phillips 3-4.

Cox is a stud, someone Patriots will be desperate to acquire, having struggled since Willie McGinest retired & Richard Seymour left via free agency. New England gets to the dance every other year but fails to finish the deal because they lack that stud 5-tech DE hence New England is also a landing spot for Mario Williams but if Mario doesn't want to kick inside for some of these teams he may stay in Houston to play OLB.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote