View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012   #84
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Walterfootball Mock Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
This is why A.Jeffery would be my pick if he were still on the board @ 26.
The Texans dont have a problem moving the ball between the 20's , its those redzone possessions ending in FG's that are the problem and I think Jeffery solves many of those issues when coupled with AJ , OD and Walter.

I want one of Jeffery or Floyd @ 26 or Randel in the second .... pre combine.

Interested to see how Dwight Jones (North Carolina) & Brian Quick (Appalachian St.) run at the combine ..... as they could likely be had in the later rounds and fulfill that same role in compressed situations.
The problem with the Red Zone passing has been the QB's IMHO.

We have big receivers. We have guys good at getting into the holes in Zones. KW is a good box out catcher that is good in short yardage. OD, Dreesen....Of course AJ...Jacoby is a screw up, but he can make plays from time to time...

When the field gets shorter the QB has to be able to put the ball into tight spaces consistently and as much as I like Matt that has been my biggest concern about his game. Screw any other short coming he may have...He is not a good red zone passer.

When we score in the Red Zone it is mostly Arian Foster.

As far as taking Alshon at 26...I'd be thrilled about that. I think he has the potential to be a beast, but my only concern is his development. How will he handle being a pro.

If they went with Randle I'd be excited as well. I'd be ok with Sanu. Really there isn't a guy that I'd be pissed about. WR or otherwise.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote