View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012   #24
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Pre-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

I wouldn't mind reading some of the reports you've read. I watched youtube footage of him for a while and didn't really come away impressed but that's just my take.

Character is definitely a concern to me when a bigtime athlete, who is probably gifted good grades if he tries even a little bit, is asked to leave as a junior by his coaches. Football is football but being able to handle yourself in a group or as part of an organization is paramount, especially if you expect anything big out of the guy. Jeffry has similar concerns, dedication to himself though instead of the organization he plays for. Broyles as well, stealing gas as a freshman. Being young and dumb is fine but when you've got to lay all your cards down those troubles are still there.
Sarcasm? I was not being sarcastic at all. I really do enjoy talking about prospects. I have been busier this year than in years past though, so I have not been as active in posting.

If you just google Mike Martin, you will find some reports. But honestly, most of what I am saying about Martin is just what I have observed from watching him over the last 4 years.

I do share your concerns about character. Broyles not so much (he was young, and by all accounts has matured), but Lewis does give me pause. I just feel that he is worth the gamble. But if the Texans do pass on the guy, I will understand the rationale.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote