View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012   #8
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mayock conference call as tweeted by Evan Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Mayock on #Baylor WR Kendall Wright: "I think he'll run a sub-4.4 and probably go in the top-15 picks."

Interesting................

Mayock on Mohamed Sanu: "Not sudden, doesn't have great acceleration." Said that like Alshon Jeffery, Sanu does not create separation.

Mayock says 4 receivers should be drafted in the 1st round: Blackmon, Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, Rueben Randle. Not Jeffery or Sanu.

Mayock said he has heard [b]rumors about Jeffery ballooning up. Emphasized that Jeffery "does not separate" and must be in shape at Combine.

More Mayock on Alshon Jeffery: "Big and fast is good. Big and slow is bad. Bottom line is ... he has got to run well."

Mayock on Alshon Jeffery: "Does not separate. What those guys run is important. He needs to run somewhere in those mid 4.5s."

Not good.............
Yeah that worries me about Sanu, I've been touting his name as a possible 1st for the Texans. Seems like when you watch him on highlights he is blowing past people and making plays, I guess that's just highlights for you. I'm a "timed speed on a track is overrated" kind of guy but if he can't get open, the hands, the elusive running after the catch, the size, the route running ability is all for nothing.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote