Thread: kipers new mock
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012   #28
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: kipers new mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I agree with that, but consider all the conditions here. If we keep Myers, Brisiel, Foster (I think that's reasonable) and lose Mario, wouldn't OLB be one of our top needs? We don't have much behind Barwin and Reed, and we need depth there. I think it would come down to OLB and WR, but given the free agency class, I would expect the Texans to pick up a WR more so than an OLB. There is a lot of talent at WR free agency and I would prefer filling that need through free agency. Good WRs are easier to find in this second round than OLBs too, so if that's the case, I would prefer going with Curry at 26 and seeing who falls to 58. Rueben Randel, Dwight Jones, Alshon Jeffery, Tommy Streeter, Sanu, etc etc, any of them could be there.
And we don't have ANYTHING beyond Brisiel or Myers. Antoine Caldwell? Not on the same level as Barwin/Reed. I definitely can see them going pass rusher DE or OLB at some point in the draft (maybe both) but this #1 pick is getting real tricky. Just in a bad spot.

Anyone given any thought to grabbing Mark Barron? Or hell, if Kirkpatrick fell and they thought of him to be a FS? Or are we too scared of Alabama DB's to try it again? Since it's such an ugly area...would it be a terrible idea to grab the best safety on most boards even if it's a small reach?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote