View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012   #22
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Pre-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Seriously? The guy doesn't have great size at 6'1, 305 but as a former wrestler he does not let that hinder him. Has a good 1st step and his strength is actually one of his biggest assets. The guy will probably be in the top 10 at the combine on the bench press.
Bench press and pushing man back are two entirely different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Did I say something wrong here? Or am I misreading your tone? Probly not, just sending a little of that sarcasm back your way.

Mike Martin is a great prospect to play NT in any scheme. At 6'1", he has a low center of gravity, which allows him to get under offensive linemen and win battles. However, this does not mean he is a small player. At approximately 305 lbs, Martin has about 20 lbs on Mitchell and is 5-10 lbs heavier than Cody. While he is not a huge monster, he has adequate size, especially considering...
I wouldn't mind reading some of the reports you've read. I watched youtube footage of him for a while and didn't really come away impressed but that's just my take.
Quote:
Yep, Lewis has had problems with school, but he has also been called one of, if not the, best DEs Oklahoma has ever seen. He exhibits everything that you want to see out of a OLB in the 3-4 on the field.
Character is definitely a concern to me when a bigtime athlete, who is probably gifted good grades if he tries even a little bit, is asked to leave as a junior by his coaches. Football is football but being able to handle yourself in a group or as part of an organization is paramount, especially if you expect anything big out of the guy. Jeffry has similar concerns, dedication to himself though instead of the organization he plays for. Broyles as well, stealing gas as a freshman. Being young and dumb is fine but when you've got to lay all your cards down those troubles are still there.[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
No offense, but you really need to do some extra scouting here. I've said as much.

Martin played NT in the 3-3-5 for 3 years on one of the worst defenses in the country. That's not a selling point is it? Guy took double teams his entire career and was still a force every game when healthy. His impact was on the field, not in the stat book. Watch some of his film. Guy absolutely dominated 99% of the people across from him, even when double teamed. I've even seen him split a triple team and make a TFL.

Guy is an absolute beast and was a dominant player at Michigan. Ask any of their opponents who the best player on the team was and you'll get the same answer...."Mike Martin". He did at the Senior Bowl exactly what he did his entire Michigan career, which is dominate.
Dominated his way into the 3rd round. Domination lol....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote