View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: History Repeated Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I do have some concern about Wade's "second-year defense" record. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans decided to stock up on defensive players again, to ensure we have enough depth to finish the season strong. I think they've pretty well established that they are willing to go for athletic defenders in the 1st no matter the situation on offense. We shouldn't be to surprised if that continues, especially with Wade leading a defensive turnaround.

Now, a 2nd round RB..... I like it, I believe we need to add more talent to that side of the ball. If we're possibly thinking about trading Ben Tate... hmmm.... I like the 3-headed hell-hound reference, but Gary had a hard enough time getting Tate & Foster involved in the same game. He's had trouble getting OD & Joel featured, much less James Casey..... maybe it's our QB, always forcing it to Andre or looking for 'ole reliable 23... but as bad as our WR corp is without Andre, we have a plethora of receiving options that have a hard time finding the ball coming their way.

Then drafting a RB once in 6 drafts doesn't really make it a trend... should be a LB here.
Caught me. It should be an LB for sure, I just wanted to move that back to the 4th, another LB heavy round so that I wouldn't have to choose another mid round DB or TE (a few other trends that got left out). I know this one is the biggest stretch but potentially has the most benefit. This is, after all, a running team. What if the FO screws with Foster and he leaves? Let's not forget that it's practically cake for a 3rd string guy to become a starter and has to be able to succeed. This could be a homerun pick, the comparisons to Ray Rice and MJD have me all excited. There may not be enough balls to go around but that's something the players are going to have to deal with, to me that's part of being on a good team.

Quote:
3rd round, TE/OL.... yeah, that's about right. Dude can block.
4th round should be a DB.. safety Or a TE! If I took a DB here then what to do in the 6th?

5th, 6th, & 7th would be WRs if I had any say.
But I digress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
2) I really like Martin as a player (better than Pead, who a lot of people like), but where would he play? Behind Foster for sure. And Tate had a heck of a season. So 3rd string and PR? That can be addressed later. I realize that this is a history mock, but I am hoping for different position.
Gotta have something that inspires the discussion though right? Running game would go monster if they had this many weapons.

3) I dont know anything about this guy, but I like upgrading the OL.
Don't pass him up when you do OL guys. He's good.
Quote:
7) Meh, never impressed me, but I am not going to say no to a receiver. I might go for a guy with PR value, but that is just me.
He seems like a Kubiak pick. He has excellent size and they've spent their 7th on much less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Good work on the mock, but looking at that list makes me hope that history doesn't repeat itself...
Daaaaaannng haha well, despite doing the repeater thing I did try to select decent players. I think Martin is one to watch no matter where he ends up. Mosley could be another and Gerell Robinson has serious potential as a possession/slot receiver.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote