View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012   #18
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63040 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Pre-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
3. Not sure here. To me something just doesn't click. He was in beast mode at the Senior Bowl and was constantly in the backfield, was stopping runs, and being disruptive. He put on an absolute clinic. Yet in his 4 years at Michigan I don't recall him ever doing anything remotely like that. The Senior Bowl could be thought of as playing for contract and when it was on the line, he delivered. After he signs a contract will he revert to the solid but not dominant player at Michigan or will he continue to dominate? Too many questions here for me, so not sure.
No offense, but you really need to do some extra scouting here.

Martin played NT in the 3-3-5 for 3 years on one of the worst defenses in the country. Guy took double teams his entire career and was still a force every game when healthy. His impact was on the field, not in the stat book. Watch some of his film. Guy absolutely dominated 99% of the people across from him, even when double teamed. I've even seen him split a triple team and make a TFL.

Guy is an absolute beast and was a dominant player at Michigan. Ask any of their opponents who the best player on the team was and you'll get the same answer...."Mike Martin". He did at the Senior Bowl exactly what he did his entire Michigan career, which is dominate.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote