View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: History Repeated Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
This is my best attempt at doing what the Texans normally do. There are a few common threads that run through all Smithiak drafts. Athletic defensive players in the 1st. LBs and RBs in the 2nd. 3rd is usually a line pick. Usually offensive skill players and defensive backs in later rounds. Anyway, this actually not a bad draft even though some of the picks and rounds taken don't make a whole lotta sense. Interesting exercize if anyone else is interested in trying to pinpoint some the Texans' draft trends!
I do have some concern about Wade's "second-year defense" record. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans decided to stock up on defensive players again, to ensure we have enough depth to finish the season strong.

Of course this leaves Kubiak having to make due on the offensive side of the ball again.

Now, a 2nd round RB..... I like it, I believe we need to add more talent to that side of the ball. If we're possibly thinking about trading Ben Tate... hmmm.... I like the 3-headed hell-hound reference, but Gary had a hard enough time getting Tate & Foster involved in the same game. He's had trouble getting OD & Joel featured, much less James Casey..... maybe it's our QB, always forcing it to Andre or looking for 'ole reliable 23... but as bad as our WR corp is without Andre, we have a plethora of receiving options that have a hard time finding the ball coming their way.

Then drafting a RB once in 6 drafts doesn't really make it a trend... should be a LB here.

3rd round, TE/OL.... yeah, that's about right.

4th round should be a DB.. safety

5th, 6th, & 7th would be WRs if I had any say.
But I digress.