Thread: kipers new mock
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012   #23
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: kipers new mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Vinny Curry would be an OLB in our system, and I said he should be considered, not taken. It depends on how other things shake out in free agency. If we keep Myers, Brisiel and Foster, WR and OLB would be our top two positions of need. However, I expect Blackmon, Floyd and Wright to be off the board by 26, so I would rather spend that pick on a good OLB. That's all, it's just a bunch of IF statements
I'm sorry I meant OLB. I'm just used to calling Mario a DE. I understand all the IF statements and agree with all of them except that we should use our first pick on depth at OLB. We defiantly need to address it but not necessarily taht early IMO.

Quote:
As I said, each of those picks is dependent on free agency. If Myers leaves, we must take Konz to keep the o-line in tact. I belive Konz can easily come into our system and start week 1. Same with Decastro. If we lost both Myers and Brisiel, I would have a hard time picking between the two of those guys, but I think Decastro will be gone before Konz. Either way, I hope the Texans aren't forced to pick one of those two due to losses.
Agree 1000000%

Quote:
I agree with that, but consider all the conditions here. If we keep Myers, Brisiel, Foster (I think that's reasonable) and lose Mario, wouldn't OLB be one of our top needs? We don't have much behind Barwin and Reed, and we need depth there. I think it would come down to OLB and WR, but given the free agency class, I would expect the Texans to pick up a WR more so than an OLB. There is a lot of talent at WR free agency and I would prefer filling that need through free agency. Good WRs are easier to find in this second round than OLBs too, so if that's the case, I would prefer going with Curry at 26 and seeing who falls to 58. Rueben Randel, Dwight Jones, Alshon Jeffery, Tommy Streeter, Sanu, etc etc, any of them could be there.

I already responded to this in the first paragraph but will add, depth is depth. We don't really have very good depth on the interior OL, S, CB, ILB if we loose Dobbins, and we could stand to improve depth at DT and DE. Give me best player available at any of those positions for depth in this draft and we are improving our team. If we can find some young talent that is versatile enough to play more than one position that is a bonus.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote