Originally Posted by rmartin65
Looks pretty good man, but here are my critiques:
1) I just dont know about addressing DE again. Also, Cox is a bit suspect to me. Granted, I only watched Miss State a couple times this year, and most of them in the beginning of the year, but Cox never stood out to me. He seemed like a good college player, but I never had a wow moment when watching him.
Like Mario, Cox has the ability in Wade Phillips system to stand up or put his hand down coming off the edge or posting as a 5 tech DE. Good work attributes, length, agility with plus athleticism (not up to Mario Williams standards, but not the cost either). His draft grade is somewhere in the early 20's which means good value for Texans at a position of need without Mario.
2) I really like Adams, so long as his medical checks out. Small, quick receiver with speed to burn and return ability, sign me up.
After Wright he would be my target to give Texans someone who could stretch the field.
3) Hmm.. Pead. I know he has a following on the board, and I am starting to come around, but why draft a RB this early? We have Foster, who is one of the best in the league. And then we have Tate, who certainly impressed this season, nearing 1000 yards and averaging over 5 ypc. I like grabbing a back, just later in the draft.
Love his attitude, playmaker without the big head. Really feel he will be a very productive & accomplished returner in the NFL, something more teams will covet based off this years playoffs.
4) I like Addock, and I like addressing the interior line. Nice pick.
Second coming of Brisel with better measurable & length comparable. Versatility is key for Texans offensive line needs with injury's.
5) Hicks is a boom or bust type prospect. Unknown before the all star games, he certainly looks the part of an NFL player. But by all accounts he is raw. Very raw, so much so that it is unlikely that he makes an impact next year. I am neutral on the pick- I love the upside, but I worry about the bust factor. However, worth a chance here in the 5th.
Agreed, would take Baylor Nicolas Jean-Baptiste if there? reflection more so on my part of trying to be realistic balancing draft grades with need.
6) Meh... Receiver prospect that has great stats and looks the part. Cant argue the pick, solid choice. My only concern is that you have added 4 playmakers on offense- Adams, Pead, Mayo, and Ford in the 7th. There is only one ball out there, and we d run the ball quite a bit. I wonder if one of these picks can be used to stiffen up the D a bit, or address the line once more.
Even if he is placed on the practice squad, give him a year or two he has the raw ability to be the #3 or 4 on Texan roster. worth risk/investment giving depth in camp to compete with Lestar Jean among others.