View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Pre-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Hey man, it is too early to know that exactly. The players I picked where within the general zone of the Texans' picks. As more information comes in my board will change, which will result in changing players in the mocks.

It was good to hear your thoughts on the matter.
Jeffery should be gone by #26 but this is not unreasonable even if he doesn't not fit the Texan model, like say Sanu.

You admit that Lewis will probably not be there when the Texans pick yet he is the one player who grades out around #60. Of all your picks I like him best, for value & fit. Need would depend on resigning Mario & could he also kick inside, thus strengthening LB position across the board?

Martin being a lean year for interior NG's will be selected earlier because of it. Great worker on field, would fit Texan profile but doubt he lasts this long. Instead why not kick-up Broyles to your third pick? If you already have Jeffery (big target) add the slot guy & finish the deal or you could go White instead who also gives you return ability as well.

You focus on developmental interior OL positions OG/OC which means either you don't expect or want Texans to resign one or both their priority free agents or maybe feel they will be the starters in due time when Myers & Brisel are winding down? Very futuristic long term approach if it is as both are solid players & position specific.

Please feel free to rip apart my pre-combine draft as well neither you or badboy have paid me a visit, what's up with that

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 02-18-2012 at 11:00 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote