View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012   #13
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Pre-Combine Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Doesn't possess great size, speed or strength for a 3rd round pick. I think the pick should have at least one. Trying hard is great but you get those guys later. He's seems like an overrated 5/6th round pick to me, good at everything but not great at anything. I like your mock though.
I think Martin could be an ideal NT for Wade's one gap system. As for strength, he has benched over 500 and squatted over 700, and he has a wrestling background giving him a good understanding of using leverage. If you watch the SB practices, he gave Brewster all he could handle and then some, and Brewster is one of the better C in the draft.

a couple quotes about Mike from his teammates:

In 2010, Michigan linebacker Craig Roh said of Martin:
"Mike Martin is just an animal out there. He's the strongest person I've ever seen in the weight room. It's really showing on the field. He's taking on double teams. (Against Massachusetts), I think the play he sacked the quarterback, he beat a double team and sacked him. Which is — stupid."[2]
Defensive end Ryan Van Bergen added, "He's so fast to get into the backfield. Credit that to his wrestling. I don't know how he can be so explosive and at the same time be moving his feet that fast. It's very unique. He's been unreal."[14]
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote